Caught up with this timeline- Very interesting. Multiple times I felt very happy or sad for the characters esp our title character.

Is Arthur still buried in Worcester? His tomb is very popular and spectacular even unpainted as it is now.

A united Spain - will think big Catherine! How is the African war going?

An older, more stable Henry VIII taking the throne should have some fun consequences. Hopefully Giovanna will return to Court and keep him stable and sensible soon.

Great story. Much fun. Thanks @Awkwardvulture.
Thank you so much for all of your praise, I am really humbled by it!!! I do aim to try and balance things for the main characters as much as possible, yet overall I'd say they are going to lead better lives than IOTL... Arthur is still buried In Worcester, and I imagine it would still be popular. Catherine is trying her best to uphold her parents' dreams of a united and stable Spain, and her being regent of Castile is a rather large part of that. The war in North Africa is going well, and there may be mention of it in our next Spanish update, the chief goal of the campaign is to conquer the coastal cities of the Maghreb. As for Henry VIII, he will be a bit more stable, though he'll still have issues with sleeping with nearly every available woman. Givoanna will periodically be at court, yet she prefers the peace of her country estate. Thank you again!!!

Henry VIII only really became unstable due to his head injury and declining health during the last decade of his reign. Also there is the overeating culture which started during the reign of king Richard II of England also Richard introduce your majesty to how he should be addressed previously used to be your grace. Henry VIII was described as a natural bully intimidated people Thomas Cromwell was not affected buy Henry's behaviour in fact the king goroved to like him because he was disarming in his behaviour to king Henry. Henry was not a great King like Edward I and iii of England and king Henry's I,ii and V he was more the Playboy who lost interest quite easily. He did not have the ability to be a great reformer or conqueror like his ancestors he did not have the patience or temperament to be a great King. But with all that stated he was not a horrible King but he was the most selfish King England has ever had.
True, he will be a bit less cruel here, but he's definitely a young and confident king, and as you say he will be a Playboy... Thank you very much!

Will Catherine and Henry end up together or is that a definite no no. I do know historically Catherine of Aragon was Henry VIII closest thing to a soulmate but the relationship terminated due to the lack of a son and Catherine losing her looks due to the constant pregnancies I believe she had 15 pregnancies while married to Henry.

Will Catherine and Henry end up together or is that a definite no no. I do know historically Catherine of Aragon was Henry VIII closest thing to a soulmate but the relationship terminated due to the lack of a son and Catherine losing her looks due to the constant pregnancies I believe she had 15 pregnancies while married to Henry.
They definitely will not, he will instead marry her niece, Eleanor of Austria, which will prove to be an interesting marriage... It's true that her many pregnancies took a toll on Catherine, though it was more likely six or seven rather than 15.

They definitely will not, he will instead marry her niece, Eleanor of Austria, which will prove to be an interesting marriage... It's true that her many pregnancies took a toll on Catherine, though it was more likely six or seven rather than 15.
This question may be a bit obvious what does your story primary involve the going on in Spain and England. As for Catherine pregnancies I would say 10 at least just because Queen like Eleanor of castile and Queen Philippa had between 15 and 17 pregnancies. As for Catherine the stress my have contributed to hear failed pregnancies also has it been tempting for you to make Catherine of Aragon queen of castile.

This question may be a bit obvious what does your story primary involve the going on in Spain and England. As for Catherine pregnancies I would say 10 at least just because Queen like Eleanor of castile and Queen Philippa had between 15 and 17 pregnancies. As for Catherine the stress my have contributed to hear failed pregnancies also has it been tempting for you to make Catherine of Aragon queen of castile.
Yeah, it generally focuses on the goings on in Spain and England, through the POVs of Catalina, Giovanna and Eleanor of Austria (We will also get insights into elsewhere however). I suppose that it's entirely possible for her to have that many pregnancies. While I do find the idea of Catalina ruling Spain in her own right to be intriguing, that would require me to wipe out the rest of her family, which is something that I refuse to do.... However, she will be in spotlight as regent, which makes, at least in all but name, ruler of Castile.

Last edited:
Yeah, it generally focuses on the goings on in Spain and England, through the POVs of Catalina, Giovanna and Eleanor of Austria (We will also get insights into elsewhere however). I suppose that it's entirely possible for her to have that many pregnancies. While I do find the idea of Catalina ruling Spain in her own right to be intriguing, that would require me to wipe out the rest of her family, which is something that I refuse to do.... However, she will be in spotlight as regent, which makes, at least in all but name, ruler of Castile.
Does this mean that Catherine of Aragon may become a less difficult figure when she is no longer regent it my be boring reading about a woman than goes on to have quiet life as a noblewoman. Is there any chance Ferdinand Catherine's father would give Catherine the Crown of Aragon just to spite or would that be to far fetched. Wish you luck with your story.

Does this mean that Catherine of Aragon may become a less difficult figure when she is no longer regent it my be boring reading about a woman than goes on to have quiet life as a noblewoman. Is there any chance Ferdinand Catherine's father would give Catherine the Crown of Aragon just to spite or would that be to far fetched. Wish you luck with your story.
Well, let's just say that being Regent of Castile and Aragon won't be the only thing she does in the rest of her life, she's hardly old yet, and her life won't necessarily be quiet by any means. At this point I don't think Ferdinand would make Catherine the Queen of Aragon for several numbers. Firstly: He already has a worthy heir in the form of his namesake grandson, the King of Castile. Secondly: The Aragonese tradition generally bared women, especially childless and unwed ones from inheriting the crown. She will, however, be coregent with her bastard half-brother the Archbishop of Zaragoza after their father dies. Thank you so much, there may in fact be a new chapter going up tonight.

Well, let's just say that being Regent of Castile and Aragon won't be the only thing she does in the rest of her life, she's hardly old yet, and her life won't necessarily be quiet by any means. At this point I don't think Ferdinand would make Catherine the Queen of Aragon for several numbers. Firstly: He already has a worthy heir in the form of his namesake grandson, the King of Castile. Secondly: The Aragonese tradition generally bared women, especially childless and unwed ones from inheriting the crown. She will, however, be coregent with her bastard half-brother the Archbishop of Zaragoza after their father dies. Thank you so much, there may in fact be a new chapter going up tonight.
Wasn't Catherine's mother Isabella of castile regarded the same way befor she took the crown. But with that stated I would not force a storyline if it doesn't make sense.

Wasn't Catherine's mother Isabella of castile regarded the same way befor she took the crown. But with that stated I would not force a storyline if it doesn't make sense.
Well yes and no... There was heavy doubt over if Isabella's niece was actually her half-brother's child... Here there is no doubt as to who Ferdinand's father is, and, even if there was, it wouldn't matter too much, as he inherited through his mother Juana. Also, Catalina doesn't quite have the ambition, or ruthlessness to try and overthrow a member of her own family.

Chapter 48, November 1511
Richmond Palace, Kingdom of England, November 1511

The air was thick with the smell of incense, and the chapel was warm. Giovanna did not know how to feel as she gazed upon the sight before her. The Archbishop of Canterbury brought the infant forward, washing him over with the holy water. Naturally, the babe cried a little at this yet quieted himself soon enough. The chamberlain called, his voice booming,”This newborn is the natural son of good King Henry, eighth of his name to rule England. As such, his most august majesty grants him the name; John Fitzroy and creates him Duke of Richmond.”
She smiled slightly at this, while she did not exactly approve of her stepson siring an illegitimate child with Jane Popincourt, she did feel touched that he would name his eldest son after her dead boy, even if little Lord Fitzroy was a bastard. What warmed her heart, even more, was when the baby was passed to his aunt, and godmother, Catherine. The girl of nine steadily held her nephew, and Giovanna beamed with pride as she looked on. The ceremony continued with the usual formalities, yet, like most good things in life, did not seem to last very long.

Later that night, as Giovanna was relaxing in her chambers; cup of wine in one hand and a piece of torrone in the other, her stepson, the King entered the room. Setting her drink down, she bowed her head respectfully,”Your majesty.”
Henry smiled in response,”Madam… I have news from Mary in Denmark.”
Giovanna grinned, and chattered out some questions,”Really? What is it? Does she fare well?”
The young man chuckled softly,”Of course she does, apparently she managed to convince King Christian to set aside his mistress. She writes that she is already pregnant and that her husband dotes on her.”
The Dowager Queen nodded,”That is well, I hope that she continues to thrive in Denmark.”
“I am sure she will… The Archduchess Eleanor will arrive in November of the coming year, I was wondering if you would help her adjust when she takes her place as Queen?”
“Of course, I can… I was wondering, has any Prince asked for Joanna’s hand?”
Henry shook his head,”No one that is suitable. The Holy Roman Emperor Maximillian sent envoys to ask if perhaps she could be his fourth wife. I politely turned down his offer; we already have an alliance with him, and he is far too old to be her husband.”
Giovanna was grateful that her stepson turned down the Emperor’s offer,”Thank you for sparing her from that fate Henry, many other kings would trade their sister’s happiness to double down on an alliance.”
“But of course, I care, too much for your happiness, as well as Joanna’s, to marry her off to some old lecher.”