Did Eleanor order a hit on some innocent woman? What the heck is going on?
In Eleanor's eyes, Amadas isn't quite innocent, but it's not just spite, this has a wider purpose, as you'll find out soon...
Who is this Elizabeth Amadas?
Mistress to Jasper Tudor, Duke of Clarence "The bastard" who was born in the early years of Eleanor's marriage. Eleanor has before, indicated to the Duchess of Clarence that she'd be willing to help her out with that problem.

Eleanor is pretty much the Evil Queen from Snow White at this point, isn’t she?

Also, I kinda like Edward here. Let him be moody with his books in peace
Perhaps, though callous may be a better word than evil. She has her reasons though...

Yeah, Edward is in an interesting spot. He was rather spoiled by his father for some years, while now there's a stricter regimen going on with Thomas More teaching him. He still hasn't gotten over his jealousy of young Phillip, but he's increasingly turned to religion. We'll see how things go when he gets older, but he doesn't have the best relationship with his mother, to say the least.

Chapter 188, November 1534
St. James’s Palace, Kingdom of England, November 1534

A clock ticked in the right corner of the room. It was a status symbol, a bejeweled ornate thing that it was, but it was also more than that. It had been a gift to the Queen from her grandfather Maximillian, sent to her the month after she had given birth to her eldest daughter. It was eighteen years ago, but she still remembered how it helped her, reassured her that someone, outside of those dependent on her goodwill, was proud of her. Now she had no such doubts. Eleanor of Austria had nothing to prove to anyone. She was secure, and excellent in all things. And so she could afford to enjoy some leisure. This time it was cards, a game of primero, that had just ended. The Queen had just won and made a show of pawing at the bit of gold that she had just won. Money was always useful, but so too was loyalty. So Eleanor winked across the table towards her most intimate ladies, just Johanne, and her daughters, the van Honing sisters, for Helga had retired to join Syon that May,”You all may keep your coin my friends. I won’t fleece you, you’re all much too important to me…”

Johanne put a lock of her now totally grey hair back into place,”Why thank you, Your Majesty. We all are very grateful for the years in your service. I saw that you received a letter from the continent earlier, may I ask who it is from?”

Eleanor stretched languidly as she responded,”It was from Mary, the Dowager Queen of Hungary. As our uncle King Ernst is now of an age to rule, she is free to leave Hungary. After my sister settles her household in the Low Countries, Mary intends to visit England. It won’t be for almost a year, but I look forward to it. The last time that I saw her was the year before the Prince of Wales was born. It will be good for us both, especially after a certain matter is resolved…”

The next day, Eleanor had a bit of business to deal with in her reception chamber. It was unofficial business, but much more important than some fawning Englishman trying to secure her favor. Perhaps it was because it was not an Englishman that she met with. No, it was someone who may be considered her countryman.

This was the second time that she had met with the mercenary, this time, with the results of his mission. Once again only Johanne and Martijna joined her in meeting with him.

Gunther remained disguised as well and gave a simple report,”It is done. There are no suspicions.”

Eleanor smirked. The Amadas whore is eliminated, just one small part of my revenge. She pressed the fat coin purse into the man’s calloused hands,”You have served the Queen of England well, Gunther Bauer. Join me for a drink, an extra reward for a job well done.”

Her two ladies brought them each a drink, Eleanor received hers from Johanne, and Martijna passed Gunther his own goblet of wine.
He drank greedily, indulging in the rich, red, Burgundian vintage. She knew he would, people like him never turned down fine wine, even when they should. Eleanor took a very small sip of her own, before pouring the rest on the carpet. The man’s pupils turned huge, then he collapsed, spasming on the floor.

Eleanor of Austria stepped away from the dying man with a cackle,”See, I told you that you would get what you are owed. Men like you think that means gold, but no, that’s not what you get. You get death, just like that useless chit. Don’t worry, your men won’t meet the same fate. They’ve agreed to take the money and jewelry and go their separate ways. It seems that you are a bad judge of character on multiple accounts…”

The man said nothing, he was far too busy taking his last gasp of air, as the belladonna took its lethal toll. It was done, the man was dead, and with him, any evidence to what Eleanor had done. As for herself, Eleanor had drunk so little that it did not have such an effect, though her mouth felt a little dry. The Queen looked to Martijna,”Go tell the King that there has an assassination attempt against me. That is the best way of burying this.”

The pale woman ducked her head submissively and exited the reception chamber. Her lady’s mother murmured,”You had this all planned out, didn’t you?”

“Of course I did. I’ve learned that the best way to get what I want is through a good plan. I’m not a girl anymore, I will have what I want.”

It wasn’t long after that King Henry and a few of his guards came in, Martijna along with them.

He held her in his arms, and pressed a rather sloppy kiss against her lips,”My Eleanor. Thank the Lord that you are unharmed. I don’t know what I would have done if you were…”

Eleanor let him hold her as he did, it felt nice of course, but it also served a purpose. She feigned fear,”I. I did not know what was happening. The gardener, he brought me some wine from the kitchens. Drank some of it as well. I waited you see, can never be too sure. And then he fell. That’s when I realized, someone wanted me dead.”

“Who could have done this?” Henry demanded,”Who would dare to try and kill the Queen of England?”

“I can think of someone. The Elector of Saxony is an enemy of my brother. He could have done it. He’s my brother’s enemy. If I am dead, the alliance is weakened. That would suit the interests, and those of that league of his perfectly. The King of France wouldn’t risk you and my brother bearing down on him, not after Pavia. But the Saxon? He’s a fool who think he can scheme against my family with impunity…”

The King sighed, he had first suspected the French, but his wife’s reasoning changed his mind,“Then we must write to your brother, to inform of this.”

“Yes.” Eleanor snarled,”And Charles will punish him for daring to cross me!”

Last edited:
Wow. Eleanor is…certainly something.
Oh, she sure is, and she's determined to come up on top over anything.
A sociopath are the words that you are looking for. I'm sorry @Awkwardvulture, but at this point she's coming across like a cartoon villain. Why would the queen of England contract a murder hit on someone's mistress and then murder the assassin? And now she's encouraging warfare by lying? Why?
To be clear the woman she had killed was the mistress of Jasper, her husband's son who she despises. Eleanor can't quite strike at Jasper himself, so she'll start with targeting the mistress that he loves instead. It's essentially a bit of lashing out at Henry and his own affairs. As for murdering the assassin and deflecting blame, she doesn't want to be caught and as the Elector is already an enemy, she sees it as simply hastening the inevitable. She has her reasons, though of course having someone killed isn't good.

To be clear the woman she had killed was the mistress of Jasper, her husband's son who she despises. Eleanor can't quite strike at Jasper himself, so she'll start with targeting the mistress that he loves instead. It's essentially a bit of lashing out at Henry and his own affairs. As for murdering the assassin and deflecting blame, she doesn't want to be caught and as the Elector is already an enemy, she sees it as simply hastening the inevitable. She has her reasons, though of course having someone killed isn't good.
Murdering her husband's illegitimate son's lover seems completely insane. She poses no threat to Eleanor and neither does Jasper.