Murdering her husband's illegitimate son's lover seems completely insane. She poses no threat to Eleanor and neither does Jasper.
It's not rational, but she hates him for existing and will do what she can to make his life less enjoyable. This is the bastard who was conceived during the most difficult part of her marriage, it's not great but she hates him..

It's not rational, but she hates him for existing and will do what she can to make his life less enjoyable. This is the bastard who was conceived during the most difficult part of her marriage, it's not great but she hates him..
Plenty of queens loathed their husband's bastards. I can't for my life recall one that murdered their wives. Why would Eleanor, raised to be a queen and mindful of her own standing commit murder that could risk her own position? George of Clarence lost his head for unlawfully murdering someone.

Plenty of queens loathed their husband's bastards. I can't for my life recall one that murdered their wives. Why would Eleanor, raised to be a queen and mindful of her own standing commit murder that could risk her own position? George of Clarence lost his head for unlawfully murdering someone.
She's a Queen though, a foreign Queen at that. She's not at nearly as much risk, not that she was caught. And to be clear it was a mistress of Jasper, not the wife. Eleanor was driven by her hatred for the young man's existence, it's not like she murdered some random person.

She's a Queen though, a foreign Queen at that. She's not at nearly as much risk, not that she was caught. And to be clear it was a mistress of Jasper, not the wife. Eleanor was driven by her hatred for the young man's existence, it's not like she murdered some random person.
Driven by hatred by his existance? She has given her husband several legitimate heirs.

What I am trying to say is that English queens have fallen from grace for less than murder. And regardless of her own personal feelings towards her husbands bastard, murdering their mistresss would be completely out of line. But I think it's better for me to leave the discussion

"Oh we need more complex female characters"

YOU GUYS COULDN'T EVEN HANDLE HER
images

Well Eleanor is certainly all grown up and playing at the game of murder now. Still it does seem a petty revenge.

Wonder how this one will leak to future historians or if we are getting an exculsive glimpse of something that is never found out...?

If I were Carolajin I might be worried. Elanor might decide even the authorized mistress and bastards are an affront to her pride. I assume that was a reason she was not with her Queen during the poisoning.

Well Eleanor is certainly all grown up and playing at the game of murder now. Still it does seem a petty revenge.

Wonder how this one will leak to future historians or if we are getting an exculsive glimpse of something that is never found out...?
She sure knows how to play all the games now, that's for sure. The historical evidence will be..
circumstantial, but I'm sure a few historians would figure it out.