Your Personal Pop Culture Utopia timeline

Why, yes - this is the entire legacy of the Roman Empire. Adjusted for the fact that in the eastern provinces there was more developed urban government.

I think it's amazing that Rome, in one form or another, came about in the 700s BC and died less than half a century before Columbus' fateful voyage.

If the Byzantines lasted into the 21st century, what elements of pop culture would change? What unique culture did the Byzantines have that would change things if they lived long enough to see mass media?

If the Byzantines lasted into the 21st century, what elements of pop culture would change? What unique culture did the Byzantines have that would change things if they lived long enough to see mass media?
It's difficult to say so right away. I can imagine that the more resilient Rhomania will probably be the center of the Renaissance in Europe. But then there are too many factors that need to be considered in detail.

My pop culture utopia is one where Tom Hanks still made more comedy movies.

Tom Hanks regrets some of the comedy movies he made during the 1980s, but I strongly disagree: I sincerely believe it takes natural talent to make people laugh. While I love his Oscar-winning performances, I think even his silly movies like Dragnet are a blast.

Plus, I think he should do more with his SNL character, Doug. He should get a Netflix special about Doug or even a sitcom about him.