Restoration of the Great Ming: A Tianqi Timeline

Ramontxo

Donor
640px-Amur_River.JPG

The Amur River

Footnotes
[1] Everything that I’ve just said about Russian history is a hundred percent true. Vassili Poyarkov was a real person.
[2] IOTL he and his gang survived and made it back to Russian territory, where he was apparently shipped back to Moscow for trial. Turns out cannibalism is bad, even when you’re doing it to foreigners.

So true...

So Russia reaches east but stopped by joint Mongol-Joesen ploy.
His overtures have been successful. If he decides to go charging west and start handing out ass-kickings, his neighbors aren’t going to interfere. Güshi Khan and the Dalai Lama in Tibet are cautiously supportive; there are always hot-blooded young men who want to go off and be adventurers.
I take it that Dzungaria is the target here? Weren’t they screwing the Kazakhs at this period? This will be interesting....
Fortunately for Geronimo et al, it’s hard to read The Lamb of Heaven and actually derive the subversive, politically unwise message that one can infer from the above passages.
It is one thing to spread strange heresies among subjects of a tributary. But to demand a 'loose Confederation' with a Princess-nun is daring indeed. Our boy Geronimo is so lucky...

Great chapter! How is costal East Africa/ Madagascar?
Thank you! Not too different from OTL -- the Portuguese are prowling around, and sometimes sailors from Dongshan join the crews of their ships -- some trade from Dongshan as well. Not on the scale of Zheng He's treasure fleets, but there's fairly consistent trade going.
Who? He hasn't been mentioned before. Wiki sez he was the Khan whose domain was Tibet.
Yep, I couldn't think of any reason why he wouldn't be around, since I figure the changes in China wouldn't necessarily prevent him from doing everything he did IOTL, so he's just the guy who's running things in Tibet (along with the Dalai Lama) right now.
So Russia reaches east but stopped by joint Mongol-Joesen ploy.

I take it that Dzungaria is the target here? Weren’t they screwing the Kazakhs at this period? This will be interesting....

It is one thing to spread strange heresies among subjects of a tributary. But to demand a 'loose Confederation' with a Princess-nun is daring indeed. Our boy Geronimo is so lucky...
Oh yes. Ejei Khan (who I'm saying is still alive ITTL) is heading west -- but he's going to run into quite a few diversions along the way.

I really want to do more narrative content, possibly with a return to Dongshan to see what's been happening there, on the ground. There's a lot to cover: there's the Chinese(-ish) government and population, mostly from Fujian; there's Geronimo and his weird little sect; there's traders from all over the place, from the Portuguese domains to the land of the Ainu; there's the Sun King, the leader of the indigenous people whose status in Dongshan is...tenuous. And of course there's our old friend Magistrate Di (now Prefect Di, he got a promotion awhile back).

Hmmm.